alchemicink: (Default)
[personal profile] alchemicink
It's been unseasonably hot here this past week, but this morning has brought a little bit of rain. So hopefully, the temperatures will be a little less unbearable this week.

Anyway, on to the summary! Lots of random links this week:

Fic/fandom stuff!

Starting off with some fic recs: I have two rarepair YGO fics. The first is a post-canon Malik/Anzu fic which was so well-written, though I can't figure out how I feel about the ending. And the other is a very haunting ghost fic about Bakura Amane/Kisara during Battle City. Mind the tags, but it was absolutely amazing.

On a less depressing note, I really enjoyed this bnha fic (bakudeku) told through blog posts, twitter posts, text messages, and more. It was just really funny to me. And I'm always impressed by people who can make social media skins work so well. Amazing formatting!

I managed to do a little bit of writing this week for my shiritori turn over at [community profile] writetomyheart. I wrote a character study for Hiei from YYH, with a tiny bit of Kurama/Hiei in there too. I may actually clean it up and post it this week.

I posted my monthly writing goals here. My goal this month is WIPs! (Though I'm not doing a very good job on them so far 😅)

Signups are currently open for [community profile] ladiesbingo. The signup post is here. I didn't sign up last year because my first two attempts at doing this ended with complete failure. But I'm kinda tempted to try again this year 😅 Even just writing one fic would make me happy.

***

Some miscellaneous stuff!

I enjoyed this short little podcast from NPR about crab evolution. It was neat! You can read the article too, but I recommend listening instead because the podcast version has more information than the text.

I saw this news about the Bilibili app going global. I haven't tried to watch anything on Bilibili in a long time (because the browser version stopped letting me have access) but maybe I need to get the app? Idk. Mostly just including this link so I can read it again later and think more about it.

Also, here was a funny headline from ANN that made me go "huh?!" this week: Sleep in human-sized pokéball in the Hokkaido woods

And here's my post for [community profile] thefridayfive this week: some arts & crafts questions

***

TV stuff!

I stumbled across a link to this announcement about new blog posts about anime, manga, etc on MediaOCD. Might be something I'd be interested in reading... if I remember to check out the website every now and then.

I finally finished my Gokusen review that I started writing back in June 😅 I love this silly show.

I enjoyed the weekly discussion question over at [community profile] tv_talk this week. I'm making an attempt to participate in more communities!

And, of course, my weekly TV reviews are here. Zeztz finally wrapped up after 50 episodes. It'll be weird not including it in next week's post.

***

And lastly, offline life. I posted a couple of nature photos here because I wanted to share them with people.

Other than that, life has been uneventful. Now that we're all home again, things have returned to normal, so I'm enjoying that. I'm still a bit exhausted (and a depressive episode is threatening to make an appearance), but hopefully that'll pass soon.

This coming week looks to be hectic. I have Monday off for the holiday (hooray), but then work will be crazy busy starting Tuesday, and then my boss and I are going to the statewide annual conference/banquet for people in our profession. I'm looking forward to the food. But it's just going to make work even more hectic!

We'll survive somehow though.

And that's it. Wishing everyone a nice week ahead!

Profile

alchemicink: (Default)
alchemicink

September 2026

S M T W T F S
   12 3 4 5
67 891011 12
13 14151617 18 19
202122 23 24 25 26
272829 30   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 1st, 2026 11:41 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios